Dan Morris has his signature show on Newstalk 93.1FM and provides a unique perspective on how politics and current events effect his audience.
North Carolina election officials ordered a do-over in the country’s last undecided congressional race, after a dramatic change of heart by the leading candidate
Jussie Smollett, the actor accused of creating a hate crime hoax, returned to the set of “Empire” after his first court appearance.
A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant accused of being a domestic terrorist is expected in a Maryland court Thursday.
A controversial new law in California is at the center of a brutal murder case
The Catholic clergy abuse scandal includes cases of abuse by nuns.
Sources tell CBS News Robert Mueller will deliver his final, confidential special counsel report to the Justice Department
In an interview with ‘Fox & Friends,’ White House press secretary Sarah Sanders reacts to the Jussie Smollett story
California detectives believe they have solved a 45-year-old case, thanks to modern DNA technology.
An Alabama woman who joined ISIS in Syria is at the center of a fight over American citizenship and whether she can return to the U.S.
Congressman Bradley Byrne has announced his run for the Republican nomination of U.S. Senate
Child abuse suspects Danielle Nicole Martin, Joshua Daniel Martin, and Vickie Seale Higginbotham made their first appearance in Autauga County District Court Monday.
Bass was responding to an emergency call in October 2016 when he crashed into another car, killing 52-year-old Elaine Merritt. He wasn’t initially charged with manslaughter but was indicted in July 2017.
Superintendent argues games such as target tag, kickball and musical chairs can cause emotional and physical harm to children.
All sorts of things, your state information, your election data, it is stored on state computer networks and there are hackers trying to gain that information.
Tuesday Aug. 28, there will be a special election to select a new member for city council district four. By now, all of the registered voters in that district should have received their voter information cards.
This summer, Montgomery Regional Airport added two new destinations for their travelers to visit.
Five women are wanted by multiple law enforcement agencies around Alabama
Video you can’t miss
President Trump says he would “love” to see a government shutdown over the immigration reform he wants. Congressional leaders want to settle the funding issue before they get to immigration and border security.
Something overcame them, grabbed them and turned them into something else during the 2016 election campaign. They devolved into political animals.
Gov Ivey made the list. The people like what we are doing. Republican Governors are solving problems and addressing needs.
Another government corruption investigation may be in the works for Alabama. Several state lawmakers have received subpoenas from a grand jury.
Napolitano addresses the confusion over the change in language to the White House version of the Nunes surveillance memo.
Democrats greeted much of the state of the union with dissent or stony silence. A CBS News poll shows 3 out of 4 Americans who saw the SOTU approve of the president’s message.
This is his first radio interview since becoming Active Superintendent
Republican lawmakers “hurt their credibility” when they hype bogus conspiracy theories to distract from the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election.
The plan says “The State Is In Control” and that MPS Board Members and Officials have very limited power. This Intervention will target finances, student achievement and MPS ability to keep it’s accreditation
New pressure on so-called sanctuary cities. The Department of Justice is threatening to subpoena records in nearly two dozen states and cities if they don’t comply with the demands of ICE.
- Congresswoman Martha Roby defeated Bobby Bright in a landslide victory. You may remember Bobby Bright held this seat as a Democrat years ago.
- Attorney General Steve Marshall beat Troy King in the Attorney General runoff. King served as AG from 2004-2011.
- State Representative Will Ainsworth defeated PSC President Twinkle Cavanaugh. This race was extremely close but Ainsworth took it away in the end.
- Rick Pate defeated State Senator Gerald Dial in the Ag Commissioner runoff.
- Sarah Stewart defeated Supreme Court Justice Brad Mendheim for the Supreme Court Place One seat. Brad Mendheim hasn’t been on the bench long. He was appointed by Governor Ivey in early 2018.
- Christy Edwards defeated Michelle Thomason in their Court of Civil Appeals runoff.
- DA Chris McCool defeated Rich Anderson in the Court of Criminal Appeals runoff.
- Rep. Alvin Holmes, the longest serving member of the Alabama House of Representatives, was beaten by Kirk Hatcher by nearly 20 points.
- State Representative John Knight was again defeated by Coach David Burkette by a huge margin. John Knight was a very powerful legislator in the Democratic Party in the House.
- Baldwin County Commissioner Chris Elliot defeated David Northcutt for the Senate District 32 seat being vacated by Trip Pittman.
- Will Dismukes, a 28 year old businessman, defeated Autauga County Probate Judge Al Booth by one of the biggest margins of the night.
- State Senator Larry Stutts defeated Steve Lolley in his reelection bid for Senate District 6
- Randy Price defeated Mike Sparks in Senate District 13 seat being vacated by Gerald Dial.
- State Rep. Pebblin Warren was reelected by defeating Johnny Ford in the House District 82 seat.